Company : CA Technologies
Website : www.ca.com
Job Role : Principal Software Engineer
Eligibility : Any Graduate
Experience : Freshers
Job Location : Hyderabad
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments--from mainframe and physical, to virtual and cloud. CA manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported revenue of $4.8 billion in fiscal year 2012.
1. Design and code, often for the most complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
2. Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
3. Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
4. Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
5. Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
6. Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
7. Perform strategic research and design for a major technical area.
8. Design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
9. Lead improvement of development processes and procedures.
10. Develop and maintain project plans.
11. Design, plan, and coordinate the activities of project teams.
12. Communicate project status to all interested parties and ensure team stays on track to satisfy business needs and client expectations.
13. Ensure completeness and quality of all project deliverables.
14. Manage change control process through the life of project.
15. Identify and escalates issues and, when necessary, pull appropriate teams together to solve challenge/issue, etc.
16. Recognize potential risks and implement course of action to address them appropriately.
17. Work with marketing and product management to ensure CA's technology is positioned effectively.
18. Advise development groups on technical matters as required.
19. Hold internal education classes to raise CA's technical knowledge base.
20. Mentor, train and develop Software Engineers.
21. Meet with customers and the field to discuss their technical issues and requirements.
Click Here for More Details & Apply