Advertisement No. 5/12
NTPC Limited is the largest utility in the country with an installed capacity of 39,174 MW through its 16coal based, 7 gas/liquid fuel and 7 joint venture power stations. The company has been conferred with
coveted Maharatna status by Govt of India for its outstanding achievements over the years.
NTPC added a record capacity of 2820 MW during the year 2011-12 surpassing its earlier best capacity
addition of 2490 MW during 2010-11.The company plans generation capacity of 128000 MW by the year
2032. NTPC has been NTPC ranked 3rd in India’s Best Companies to Work for the year 2012.
NTPC ONLINE APPLICATION FROM December 10th to December 31st, 2012.
ELECTRICAL - 60
MECHANICAL - 100
CIVIL - 15
INSTRUMENTATION - 17
ELECTRONICS - 17
NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Selected candidates will be placed
in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900/- during one-year training.
These candidates will be absorbed after successful completion of training as Assistant Manager in
the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs. 25650/-.
Besides basic pay candidates will also be paid Dearness Allowance and will also be entitled for
other perquisites & allowances under cafeteria approach. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc will be admissible as per company rules in force from time to time during training / after absorption.
The selected candidates shall undergo one year training at various places. The region in which the selected candidates will be posted will be decided at the time of joining, however final place of posting in that region will be allocated only after successful completion of training based on the performance during the training and requirement at each location. Candidates can be placed, across the country, in any of the functions at projects/ stations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of NTPC.
HOW TO APPLY:
- For detailed information on GATE-2013, interested candidates may log on to www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate 2013 or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to apply Online for GATE as per the information provided on the websites. They should wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2013 Registration Number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply On-line for NTPC ET- 2013 on the website www.ntpccareers.net from December 10 th to December 31st, 2012.
- Candidate belonging to General/OBC category is required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 150/-. The SC / ST / PWD category candidate need not pay the registration fee.
- State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account (No. 30987919993) at CAG branch, New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the “pay-in-slip” which is available on the application registration portal. The pay-in-slip printed from the portal should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money, the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. NTPC will not be responsible in case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account. There will not be any other mode of payment of registration fee.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the registration fee.
- While applying Online, candidate should keep the scanned copy of their passport size color photograph, their signature and SC, ST and Disability certificate (if applicable) in JPEG format not exceeding 500 KB size each.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill-in the On-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2013 registration number and payment details. After successful registration, system will generate a Unique Application Number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Application slip which will be generated by the system after successful registration.
- Please ensure that the GATE registration number, which is mentioned on your GATE Admit card, is filled up correctly. Name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE Admit card. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidate will be entertained once the application is submitted successfully.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- The candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement as well as on the web site www.ntpccareers.net
- All qualifications should be from an Indian University / Institute recognized by AICTE / appropriate statutory authority.
- No manual / paper application will be entertained.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after recruitment or joining if any information provided by the candidate is false or is not found to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- For queries candidates may visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on the
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year. No change in the E-mail ID will be allowed, once entered. All future correspondence would be sent via E-mail only.
- Candidates, if shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview, are required to bring their original GATE 2013 score card as received from the IIT, at the time of Interview.
- Candidates employed with Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies have to produce NOC at the time of Interview essentially without which they would not be allowed to appear for the same.
- NTPC reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge/ modify / alter the recruitment process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Legal jurisdiction will be of NCT of Delhi in case of any cause / dispute.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD COMPLETE DETAILS