STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION
Recruitment of Constables (GD) in BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB, 2011CLOSING DATE: 04.03.2011 WRITTEN EXAMINATION: 05.06.2011
1. Commission will make recruitment to 49,080 posts of Constable (GD) in the Border Security Force(BSF), Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Matriculation or 10th class pass is the minimum educational qualification. The recruitment will comprise of Height Bar, Prescribed Race, Physical Standards Test (PST), Physical Endurance Test (PET), Written Examination and Medical Examination. Constabulary forms the major component of the Central Police Organizations. The working of the CPOs mainly depends upon the effectiveness of the personnel at this level. Therefore, it is important that only the candidates having the right aptitude, capability and fitness in all respects apply for the posts.
2. In view of the anticipated large number of applicants, scrutiny of the eligibility and other aspects will not be undertaken before the PST/PET and Written Examination and, therefore, the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. Candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the medical Examination. When scrutiny is undertaken after the Written Examination, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision in this regard shall be final.
3. Before applying, candidates in their own interest are advised to go through the detailed instructions contained in this notice carefully. This notice is also available on the website of the commission (http://ssc.nic.in)
A. Candidate must submit the application to the concerned Regional Office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the Centre selected by him/ her falls. Applications received in other Regional Offices will be summarily rejected.
B. Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications in respect of filling/ submitting applications –
(i) SSC(NR) - 01164715222, 01165570666
(ii) SSC(CR) - 08765214571, 08765214572
(iii) SSC(SR) - 09445195946, 04428251139
(iv) SSC(WR) - 07738422704, 07738422705
(v) SSC(ER) - 09477461228, 09477461229
(vi) SSC(MPR) - 09407921504, 09407921505
(vii) SSC(KKR)- 09483862010, 09483862020
(viii) SSC(NWR)- 08699111498, 08699103985
(ix) SSC(NER)- 09864217001, 09435711335
4. Candidates seeking reservation benefits as SC/ST/OBC/ Ex-Servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the format prescribed by Government of India in support of their claim at the time of application, though the copies of the certificates will be sought only after the Written Examination.
5. CANDIDATES BELONGING TO THE PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CATEGORY ARE
NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
6.FEE: RUPEES FIFTY ONLY(R 50.00) payable through CRF Stamp or SBI Challan or online payment through account with the State Bank of India. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
7.CLOSING DATE: 04.03.2011. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad 11.03.2011. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
8. Only a single application will be entertained. Candidature in respect of multiple applications will be rejected outright without any notice to such candidates.
9. MOBILES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES.
10. CANDIDATES DESIROUS OF SUBMITTING ON LINE APPLICATIONS MAY DO SO. SUCH CANDIDATES SHOULD RETAIN THEIR REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ON LINE FOR CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION.